Continuing the Tradition
Texas Farm-Raised Catfish (Ictalurus punctatus)
In 2004, the Bowers took over an existing farm consisting of 84 water acres. During the first year of new management, Bowers expanded the farm 15 acres and experimented with a hatchery. This endeavor proved to be both successful and profitable. In 2005, Bowers expanded the farm once again and have continued to include a processing plant.
Bowers Catfish currently consists of a hatchery, three food fish farms, as well as a processing plant.
- The catfish are fed a high protein floating feed.
- NO ANTIBIOTICS, NO HORMONES, NO POLLUTANTS
- Daily flavor samples and texture tests ensure the highest quality standards.
- U.S certified processing plant is eco-friendly and HACCAP certified
Vertical integration allows Bowers to guarantee a premium quality product.
Availability & Packaging
Bowers Catfish are available year round in shank fillets, strips, and nuggets.
- Fresh IP (ice packed): 15 lb. and 30 lb. box
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF): 15 lb. box
Nutrition Facts (Fresh;Frozen)
Serving size 4oz. (113g)
Amount per serving
- Calories 100;80
- Total Fat 2.5g;2g
- Saturated Fat .5g;.5g
- Cholesterol 65mg;50mg
- Sodium 55mg;310mg
- Total Carbs 0g;0g
- Dietary Fiber 0g;0g
- Sugars 0g;0g
- Protein 19g;15g
- Vitamin A 0%;0%
- Vitamin C 0%;0%
- Calcium 2%;2%
- Iron 0%;0%